Monday 18 February 2013

Let's Cook - Cauliflower Pizza.

Hi there Folks,

I love pizza. Love love love! But, I'm trying so hard to watch what I eat and let's be honest, pizza is not the healthiest of foods! Which is a shame because it tastes so good. Now, I'd see some recipes for cauliflower pizza floating around Pinterest so I decided that I would give it a little go. I won't lie, I was sceptical, I don't mind cauliflower, especially when it's smothered in cheese sauce, but it's not my favourite vegetable. The recipe I used as my inspirations and guide is this one from Eating Bird Food. So here's how I did it...


It really is as simple as chopping up a cauliflower, blitzing it in the food processor, cooking it in the microwave (no need to add anything) for 8 minutes, mix it with some cheese, an egg, salt, pepper and herbs and form into a pizza base. It then needs baking in the oven at about 180°c for about 15 minutes or until it's golden. Then you just need to add your toppings, we had chicken, onions, peppers and spinach, and pop it back in the oven for 5-10 minutes to melt the cheese a bit. But just a note, your toppings need to be cooked before adding them seeing as it only gets cooked briefly.



And there you have it, it really is that easy. No hours of rising and kneading and knocking back...simple! The most important question though, does it taste good? The answer to that is YES! Ok, it's not a Domino's pizza but it is delicious and so much better for you. I imagine it'd be a great way to sneak veggies in for kiddies too...I asked my boyfriend to guess what it was made from and he literally had no idea it was cauliflower.

Have any of you tried making cauliflower pizza? Or do you know of any other healthier choice pizza variations that are out there? I'd love to hear!

Ciao for now,

JB.

1 comment: